The Recreation Program is designed for beginners and juniors interested in playing football in a less competitive environment. Basic football skills are taught and reinforced. Inter Africa Football Academy supports South African Football Association’s teaching philosophy with respect to small-sided football. This philosophy allows the game to be the teacher by maximizing each player’s touches on the ball and encourages all the players to develop their skills in all positions.
Our Recreational Program currently consists of players from the age of 6 through the age of 11. Please take note that there is no skill level requirement at any age, i.e. we will have children of all levels participating on each team in our program. We have developed a system that provides both a fun and productive environment for players at all levels. Although our focus is predominantly on the enjoyment of playing the game, we would also like to utilize our time effectively with the players by teaching them as much as possible about the game and the skills needed to excel in the sport.
- Ages 6-10 (U7-U12).
- 1 x team (U7,U8,U9,U10 U11 and U12).
- NO tryouts and NO skill level requirements!!
- Assessments held each season and are necessary for team formation and to help balance teams.
- Each team requires a volunteer parent coach.
- U7-U11 will generally practice once on weekdays from 5:00-6:30 p.m…….click here to view practice schedule.
- Matches played on Saturday mornings.
- League games scheduled by the local football association
- U7-U9 teams play 5v5 sided games
- U10-U11 teams play 7v7 sided games
- U12 teams play 9v9 sided games