IAFA is committed to operate any and all of our football activities in accordance with the South African Football Associations Covid-19 guidelines.
IAFA staff and administrators will ensure that the following safety measures are in place:
- Every participant, staff member and player will need to fill out the attendance register and complete the self health screening form on arrival prior to entering the IAFA facility.
- If staff and players have their temperature taken upon arrival at the facility, then only temperatures below 38 degrees celsius will be allowed to participate. Any participant that has a temperature of 38 degrees celsius or higher will receive a second temperature check to ensure accuracy. If the second temperature is 38 degrees celsius or greater, the player will be asked to leave the facility and head home or, if necessary, to the nearest medical facility. Said player must provide a negative COVID-19 test in order to return to play.
- Teams must arrive and locate at a designated location away from other players and away from the field of play, until they are permitted to enter for their allotted slot.
- Teams will need to depart the field immediately when each game is concluded.
- Teams and Players must enter and exit each field from different places, if possible.
- Full records of attendance, including contact information for every player and staff, will be recorded for each practice or game for tracing purposes, if necessary.
- Staff and Players are required to wear masks when not on the playing field.
- Non-playing staff & players are required to follow physical distancing guidelines.
- Balls and any other equipment that is handled by players or staff will be cleaned/disinfected between halves and after each session.
- Masks and hand sanitizer will be made available at the field for all players + staff.
- All guidelines and added safety requirements will be communicated to all players and staff in advance of the season.
- Players and/or staff will be instructed to stay at home if they have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Players and/or staff will be instructed to stay at home if they show COVID-19 related symptoms or had contact with someone infected with COVID-19. Said player must produce a negative COVID-19 test in order to return to play.
- Those having tested positive, who have shown COVID-related symptoms or were exposed to an individual that tested positive or who returned from travel outside of the contiguous states for longer than 24 hours are required to produce a negative test a minimum of 3 full days after exposure (or a positive test was received) or return after 10 days. Fully vaccinated players that are not exhibiting symptoms need not provide a negative COVID test.
- If a participant exhibits symptoms during an IAFA event, they will immediately be separated and sent home or to a healthcare facility depending on the severity of the symptoms. An IAFA staff member will follow up with the participant and if the symptoms have worsened or a fever of 38 degrees celsius or greater has continued for more than 48 hours, will require the participant to provide a negative COVID-19 test and no symptoms to return to play or the player must sit out for 10 days in order to return to play. All players that were in contact with said player just also produce a negative test result (3 full days after exposure) in order to return to play.
- Post-game handshakes will be removed from the competition.
- Spectators will not be allowed